The report provides a detailed overview of the European landscape plus specific analysis for all the European football associations.
Key findings include:
- Total estimated annual youth development budget of European top division clubs in 2020 is €870m.
- The total solidarity payments distributed to non-UEFA competition participants for youth development in the last decade exceeds €1 billion and on an annual basis has more than tripled in the last 10 years, from €43m in 2008/09 to €139m in 2018/19.
- 1,629 different clubs have received funds from UEFA solidarity funds in the last decade.
- 53 top tier clubs (in 33 different countries) have inaugurated new training centres in the last two years with at least a further 27 currently in development.
- Investment by European top division clubs in training facilities over the last five years was more than €1 billion.